Friday, May 28, 2021

RonnieAdventure #0466 - Old Spanish Trail Bike Ride & Calico Tanks Hike, Clark County, Nevada

 



One of the items on my bucket list was to follow the old Spanish Trail, and other connecting trails, around Blue Diamond Mountain. This would be a nice winter trip when the air temperature was more moderate, but I decided that if I rode my mountain bike fast enough the wind would keep me cool. Unfortunately, it did not work out that way. By the time we finished the trip we were really "toast." Plus, I forgot to bring my camera to document the trip. Fortunately, Kolohe had her cell phone along and provided me with the pictures for this RonnieAdventure.





















BONUS PICTURES


Two of our grandchildren stopped by to see us while they were on their way to Illinois for the summer and while they were here they wanted to go on a RonnieAdventure. So, early one morning we hiked up to Calico Tanks in Red Rock Canyon NCA. Fortunately, the Western Redbud (Cercis occidentalis) trees were in bloom; but, unfortunately, there was no water in the tanks. Over the past 20+ years I have made this hike numerous times, but this is the first time that I have ever been there when the tanks were dry. 


Historic Paiute Indian Agave Roasting Pit






Turtlehead Peak





No comments:

Post a Comment