Friday, June 28, 2019

RonnieAdventure #0366 - Dana Point and San Diego Harbor, California


Dana Point is a popular tourist destination because of the many activities in the area, so several years ago while staying at one of resorts we decided to try para-sailing. 

As it turned out Para-sailing was not as scary as it looks, which was probably do to our great boat driver. Kalohe and I both tried it and our boat driver basically did the same things for both of us. Our driver could control our height, speed, distance from the boat, and direction by just maneuvering the boat differently. One time he even lowered us until our feet were touching the water. If you have never tried para-sailing, I would recommend it on your next trip to the beach.






On this trip I was also able to knock off a Bucket List item - a tour of the U.S.S. Midway Aircraft Carrier.














After our tour of the Midway, we still had time to take a San Diego Harbor Tour. Unfortunately, I was Air Force, not Navy, so I don't know anything about all of the ships that we passed. 















And, of course, while we were in the area we had to make a shopping trip to Tijuana (Mexico). Since I'm not a shopper, I just sat on a bench and visited with some old guy playing a guitar in front of a store. The two minute shopping stop turned out to be more than two minutes, so the ole guy played the guitar and we sang Mexican songs together. I have to admit that he wasn't a very good guitar player and we were not very good singers. (I think the guy was malnourished because he was really thin!)




BONUS PICTURE  (New Zealand Immunization)



No comments:

Post a Comment